Senior Backend Engineer
Кёльн Зарплата по договорённости Работа в офисе
- A degree in computer science.
- Several years of practical experience as a backend developer in cooperation with frontend/backend developers, POs and PMs.
- Fluent in English.
- Very good skills in Python (FastAPI, Django, Celery), GraphQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, (nice to have: ClickHouse).
- You test/check your development with Pytest, Mypy, Flake8 and have experience to run the tests automatically with CI/CD jobs.
- You love perfect clean code, which drives you to sustainably advance the foundations of our backend landscape.
- You love open source and sharing your knowledge and successes.
- You have the huge chance to plan and develop the new storefront from Scratch with the engineering team, consisting of frontend, backend and DevOps engineers. No blah blah, but React, Next.js, MUI, Packiro Component Design System, Hasura as GraphQL API layer, Ecommerce Core/Dashboard by Saleor (we <3 Python, because always only one step away from ML).
- This year we developed the world’s only Artwork Service, which performs technical and visual checks of uploaded PDFs within a few seconds, calculating and delivering all textures for a hyper-realistic 3D model. Everything goes live to the frontend via websockets. There we will continue to optimise the parallelisability of all processes.
- We believe in cross-functional teams, so starting from Epics in GitLab you will work with the engineering team on the implementation/coordination of different microservices.
- You will make strategic decisions with the Upcoming Services/Features team and balance between quick & dirty PoC, temporary workarounds and sustainable development.
- You work agilely and asynchronously in sprints, live the feedback culture directly via reviews in merge requests and sprint reviews. You pay attention to code quality and introduce best practices.
- We continue to expand our customer data platform (RudderStack, ClickHouse, Superset), which you extend with the help of Argo, DBT and common data/ML tools (SciPy, NumPy/Jax, pyppeteer) by testing and rolling out ideas from the sales and marketing team, among others.
- Hackathon every three months.
- Join a team with existing russian colleagues.
- Corporate language is english (all documents, meetings and events).
- Great development opportunities in a corporate venture building environment of a German “Hidden Champion”.
- “Make it your own” — take responsibility from day one.
- Be part of a success story from the start and make a visible impact on the sustainable packaging industry.
- Direct contact with our customers.
- International team and start-up atmosphere in the centre of Cologne.
- Full remote or on-site doesn’t matter, we live remote culture and office culture in equal measure.
- Regular team events both remotely and in the office.
- We are out and about in the engineering team on minecraft.siegwerk.ventures to be creative, hold social calls or simply in the overengineering room (no joke) when we are deliberately in a virtual space to solve problems to the perfect end.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary & relocation package.
- Free choice of hardware.
Together with our partner, we offer you a moving service that will help you with administrative matters such as communicating with the authorities, finding accommodation and registering in Germany.